Tuesday, July 04, 2006

superman returns

A few days ago I saw Superman Returns and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was relevant to today, had top notch acting and a compelling cast of characters. The effects were done very well and the new Supes did a decent job (though at times he seemed to be doing a really good Christopher Reeve impression rather than putting his own spin on the character). The movie did make Superman's life a lot messier and I think the film is better off for it. The dude is so freakin powerful I want him to have daddy and relationship issues. I guess I am cynical. I am ready to finally admit that it was a LITTLE long, but in the theater I hardly noticed. I was in Metropolis and I think that is all that really matters.

1 comment:

JonWang said...

that's kinda like how in the matrix, people wouldn't accept a perfect world but only one that had flaws. i guess it's because as people we all naturally have flaws and struggles we go through.