Tuesday, August 17, 2010

I Believe

i believe...

I believe in God. He is good, fair and just. I believe that he is the embodiment of love. I believe that the world was created out of the abundance of that love.

I believe that Jesus is God's son and is God himself. I believe that Jesus lived in most dynamic, perfect and revolutionary life that can be lived. I believe he was executed for being too dynamic, perfect and revolutionary. I believe that he rose from the dead and that when he died he got what we had coming. I believe that him coming back from the dead is what we now have coming.

I believe in God's Spirit. I believe that God exists in the world now. Is doing stuff now. Is healing hearts and bodies now.

I believe in damage. I believe that the world that was created out of love has been damaged. I believe that people want more than they need or are entitled to. They want more stuff, power and escape than they can handle. I believe that damage is fueled by a spiritual enemy who is just as spiteful and greedy as God is loving.

I believe that nothing has to stay dead.

I believe that everything can be restored.

I believe that I am never allowed be violent towards someone else. I am not to wield my power against them.

I believe that God has a Kingdom. It looks like Jesus, stretched out over/under everything.

I believe that God's Kingdom is my home and my nationality.

I believe that fear and guilt are evidence of the damage, not of the Kingdom.

I believe that God doesn't make people love or live with him. But invites everyone to.

I believe that I am inadequate.

I believe that I am infinitely valuable.

I believe that the Kingdom is a welfare state.

I believe that good and beautiful things belong to God.

I believe that God is a creator and he loves when we create.

I believe that God is not intimidated questions. I believe that his enemy is terrified by them.

I believe that God weeps.

I believe that God laughs.

I believe that God angers.

I believe that God relents.

I believe that God is curious.

I believe that God is fascinated.

I believe that God is not satisfied.

I believe that God loves me more than my wife does.

I believe that people are supposed to be together, with God.

I believe that people are not supposed to hate other people. That offends God.

I believe that people should not be the ones who make seeing God harder.

I believe that Jesus came so that people could see God.

I believe that Jesus started church so that people could still see God.

I believe that church can help people see God still.

I believe that Jesus lived simply. I believe that matters.

I believe that Jesus lived with people.

I believe that Jesus spent time with good people.

I believe that Jesus spent time with bad people.

I believe that Jesus forgave people.

I believe that Jesus gave purpose to people.

I believe that Jesus offended people that he loved.

I believe that Jesus was honest.

I believe that Jesus only yelled at religious people.

I believe that Jesus didn't squelch curiosity.

I believe that Jesus wasn't racist or sexist.

I believe that Jesus was too beautiful to ignore.

I believe that Jesus was too beautiful to live.

I believe that Jesus is still alive.

I believe the church is supposed to look like Jesus.

I believe the church can look like Jesus.

1 comment:

carina menaker said...

Amen and amen.