Monday, July 12, 2010

discipline day 1

So today is technically day one of my discipline time (since I am off of vacation).

Read: 2 Samuel 7-10
Ran: 2.25 mile run

Today's reading was pretty interesting. David took Saul's grandson in and God made a covenant with David to "build him a house".

Run was tiring. I don't run with the sun up too often. I am not sure if I am out of shape or just not a morning runner.

One thought: discipline is not magic. I had hoped that reading and running would make transitioning into a day of fundraising easier. Not so much. I still stalled after breakfast and avoided the stress of the day by overclocking to the processor on my cell phone. I am hoping that discipline will seep into the rest of my life. It is my prayer that God would help me be more prov-active and less reactive during this season. I hoping that discipline will make space for this transformation.

Out.

No comments: