Wednesday, July 07, 2010

discipline

This will be a quick post, due to the fact that I am on vacation in Canada (supposedly camping, but Sean and I ended up in the Canadian version of Bend).

I need discipline to survive. I felt remarkably un-stressed at Summit, but as soon as returning to Moscow to "rest" my stress returned. I think that stress pushes me away from discipline and discipline. As Fat Bastard would say, "it's a vicious cycle".

So plan of action; between now and the beginning of the school year I will:
  • Read two chapters of scripture per day
  • Work out 6 days a week
  • Blog that I did it and a quick thought
This will begin for real on Monday, but today I continued in 1 Samuel 16-17. David was anointed king, Goliath was killed and the Spirit of God left Saul to live with David. I think that it was a big deal that David killed Goliath because the Spirit was in him and not just because he was a stud. I am curious how much the Spirit of God leaving Saul leads him down the road towards hunting David down. I think that when we teach David about Saul and David, we need to talk more about the Spirit. Seems like a big deal.

Sean and I went on a six-mile hike.

And I blogged!

Jeremiah Out.

No comments: