Sunday, January 01, 2006

Superman

Last night I dreamt that I was Superman. It was a weird dream, everyone needed my help. People were falling off of things, drowning and constantly yelling for help. It was my job to save them. My duty. Being powerful is an odd thing I guess. Sure its odd to be faster, stronger and less tired than everyone else, but honestly that didn’t feel to odd in my dream. What felt odd was how often people got themselves into trouble. It was constant. I couldn’t get anything else done! It was as if my power made everyone else around me more vulnerable.

Being Superman wasn’t too much fun.

Later in the dream, I met someone else with identical powers. While I was saving someone else, my father (not my real father mind you, Superman’s father), needed saving and I couldn’t make it in time. But my equal could. My equal swooped in and saved my father’s life. Immediately my father and I knew that I had an equal. Someone else knew my plight, he knew the way I lived, he knew me! It was great. Great, until my equal became my enemy. Turns out, he didn’t like saving people all the time. He felt like he was allowed to rule them. So we had to fight. He got away. Something else to worry about.

Being Superman wasn’t too much fun.

Often in dreams reality and fantasy become very blurry. I guess that is why when I was on my way to save some people that were trapped inside a sinking ship I encountered my friend Zac on a bridge. You see, Zac didn’t know I was Superman, he only knew me as Jeremiah. Zac is an old friend. I haven’t seen or spoken to Zac in a long time. Zac have not been doing well for a long time. Zac needs help. He needs a friend. But I wasn’t Jeremiah, I was Superman and their were people dying that only I could help. So I told Zac I couldn’t talk to him then. I jumped off of the bridge, dove into the water and saved the dying people. But I didn’t have time for my friend. I hope he didn’t jump.

Being Superman wasn’t too much fun.

No comments: