Thursday, November 12, 2015

Uriel





Hello fellow brothers and sisters,
My name is Uriel, I am a first generation college student seeking to achieve many things while in college. I am a transfer student from Spokane Falls Community College and currently attending Washington State University. I plan on pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice with a Minor in Psychology. Throughout stressful moments in college I turn to God and take some time to pray. I realize there is something wrong with the last sentence. I have been turning to God when I need him and not every morning and night. I would like to change this and believe Urbana 2015 can help me do this. I would like to have a closer connection with God and experience more than just prayer. Urbana as I have heard is a life changing conference. I hope to go and find God in so many ways. Urbana is a conference where I will not only connect with people with the same spiritual goals as me but also help myself understand who I am and how it is that God wants me to be a good Christian. I am planning to go to El Salvador this Spring Break with twelve other people as part of the Presbyterian Church. We are going to build a well for people who don’t have clean drinking water. The purpose for this trip will not only be to help build a well but also have bible studies where we have the opportunity to spread the word of God. This trip will be perfect after a trip to Urbana where I know I will gain a closer connection with God.
Thank you for your time and help along with prayers for this trip.
God Bless,
Uriel

No comments: